Wednesday, January 18, 2012

REVIEW: Pandora's Box by Gracen Miller










BOOK DESCRIPTION:
Where does the road to Hell begin? 
What happens when your son turns homicidal overnight, killing the family cat before gutting the family dog? Do you cower in fear or fight for your life? Madison Wescott fights against the odds. Distrustful of a God she doesn't believe in, she finds herself face-to-face with a demonic world she didn't know existed and discovers her own soul is darkened with demonic connections. 
With good intentions? 
Madison had it all…or thought she did. A husband she adored and a son that brought joy to her life. Then one morning her husband kissed her goodbye, headed off to work and disappeared. Life turned upside down, Madison grows desperate and despondent to help her bloodthirsty son after numerous attempts have failed. Only one man dares to challenge the supernatural forces manipulating them. 
Or by demonic design? 
Phoenix Birmingham breaches her life in a whirlwind of sarcasm and sexual appeal. A hero for the masses—and for her jaded heart—but few will ever know the sacrifices he has made or the sacrifices to come. Discovering her entire life has been influenced by multifaceted paranormal beings, Madison is determined to defeat the apocalyptic blueprint fate has decreed. Even with Phoenix's aid, can destiny be denied? Or will demonic design prevail and they pay the crucial price with their souls?



REVIEW:
What do you get when you mix an amazing female heroine, a man-whore, an animal sacrificing 5 year old boy and a King demon from hell? 


ANSWER: A BOOK THAT YOU WON'T WANT TO PUT DOWN UNTIL THE VERY END!
I am still in awe and I finished Pandora's Box about 8 hours ago. It took me about a day to get through and trust me every child in my house got the "MEAN MOMMY" stare if they even dared to interrupt me while I was reading. Gracens writing style is AMAZING and can go from extremely dark paranormal to erotic paranormal within the same sentence. This is definitely  one of those books that will stay with me long after I have finished and make it hard for any other book to compare after. All I can say is I pray Feb. 17th 2012 comes fast because "I NEED ME SOME MORE NIX". *giggle*





1 comment:

Jenny Zimmerman said...

Thank you, Celina! Now I really want to read this book!!